Breast Cancer Support Workshop

Hospice
Illness and Health
Living Consciously TV
powered by

Listening To Your Body

Breast Cancer Support Workshop

Wow what a great opportunity to be able to present to the Aurora Medical Center's Breast Cancer Support Group last week about the benefits of using body-mind therapy in their healing.

I went to this meeting the previous meeting just to see where it was and how it went.  There was a new young women that was at her first meeting that had just found out she had breast cancer.

The nurse Sue who ran the meeting had everyone go around and state their name, what kind of breast cancer they had plus give some words of wisdom to the new attendee.

To my surprise as each women went around they could site the exact moment right down to the date, time, second when they found out they had breast cancer.  What came to me later was the word "Thresholds".
I was curious with each women where they would be in their life dealing with this dis-ease in their body what threshold would they be at, or at one that they were afraid to cross.

I shared with the group about how our body talks to us each day.  It is through pain, emotion, aches, and dis-ease.  I shared with the group about thresholds and how that could affect them.  When we have cancer it is a wake-up call.  Remember cancer is a word it is not a sentence.  From a holistic view our body holds our life story with all of the drama that we have experienced in our lives.  When we listen to our body, it is a great resource plus support on the journey of dealing with cancer.  Your body knows what to do to support you if you learn to listen.

I guided the group through a sampling of a visual imagery exercise, a body-mind exercise, a breathing exercise, and provided some tools for them to use.  This was a great beginning for each person who experienced these exercises.  It is very different for us to get out of our head and listen to our body.  It takes time for you to "get it".

I offered the group a free personal strategy session called "Crossing the Threshold into Your New Life".   They would experience and receive 3 benefits such as having more breath, getting their ground back, and learning what the number one resource is to support their healing.

More to come!

19 Comments to Breast Cancer Support Workshop:

Comments RSS
breast reduction melbourne on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:41 PM
Hello Janet! I want to appreciate your efforts. I also run awareness camp about cancer. Its good to know peoples experience and they also share their thoughts and ideas about that.

Janet on Friday, June 28, 2013 9:37 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback! As you are aware, it is very fullfilling work to help women on their path to healing.

breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy nyc on Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:34 AM
Breast cancer is a type of cancer originating from breast tissue. We really need to be aware of breast cancer treatment, prevention, genetics, causes, screening and so on.thanks for arranging the workshop on this,good work.

Janet on Friday, June 28, 2013 9:41 AM
My sense is the cancer originates from the body from various causes that may it right to surface and start such as emotional suppression. The work I do complements western medicine, which needs to. Many women that come to me live from being in their head - they are not even aware of their body - when they start to listen to the wisdom of their body and find out it is there number one resource and will gudie them to healing, they find much support on their path to healing.

Breast lift treatment in Brisbane on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:47 PM
Breast cancer symptoms can be experienced by men as well as women but breast cancer is very rare in men compared to women. I am sure you will be helpful to make people aware.

Laderma on Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:57 AM
I found lots of interesting information here. The post was professionally written and I feel like the author has extensive knowledge in this subject.

Breast Augmentations on Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:40 PM
Reputable and superior blog for me. The concept and awareness on this topic that you have discussed above is simply great, I am happy that the tips are going to be very effective for us.

Fraxel Laser Cost in Sydney on Monday, August 05, 2013 5:38 AM
It was a great initiative for starting workshops to spread information among people regarding breast cancer. I must appreciate your effort for sharing this post.

Buy Cancer Drugs on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:09 PM
That's the very nice post you have shared with us. I really liked it. Please keep sharing more and more information.

Laser for eye on Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:35 PM
This is a great initiative to spread awareness among people regarding breast cancer. I am appreciating your effort for this.

facial treatment on Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:14 AM
What I believe for the breast cancer workshop is that more awareness should be done on this. This will make the doubts clear for the women who even does not know about it.

Juvederm in Auckland on Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:30 PM
Breast cancer is a serious problem in women. Its simply great to organize such workshops to reduce its ratio. keep it up...

affordable mri on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:55 AM
So informative things are provided here regarding Breast Cancer Support Workshop, I really happy to read this post, I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it, for further reading, So thanks for sharing the information.

strona on Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:48 PM
Otherwise, it's not hard to utterly improper choice that won't job in both instances while in the huge run A very good consultant realizes precisely what your dog is working at instead of fail us

site on Friday, October 10, 2014 11:14 AM
various businesses advertising sections, floor covering and also carpeting First coming from all, you will have to try to get this to fit the windows ornament technique the very room

oversized watches on Monday, January 05, 2015 12:12 AM
I wanted to create you a little observation to say thanks a lot once again just for the great principles you have shown at this time. It has been shockingly generous of you to present without restraint all most of us would've advertised for an e book to end up making some bucks on their own, primarily considering that you could have done it in case you decided. These thoughts likewise served to provide a good way to be certain that most people have a similar dream just as my personal own to find out great deal more with reference to this condition. I am sure there are a lot more pleasant moments ahead for many who examine your site.

adresy on Monday, March 23, 2015 3:17 AM
It's crucial to invest in the interior decor in your house following that Interior pattern is just not tied to the actual practicable trademark room.

site on Monday, March 23, 2015 4:03 AM
The very good capabilities on the seat belt sander will give you, inter alia, larger accelerate on the belt Interior style does not be described as a cumbersome endeavor. Often you merely require plenty of important

Chronic Shoulder Pain on Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:05 AM
Packaging Supplies in Santa Ana, Ca, large inventory of packaging and shipping supplies - free local delivery with minimum purchase.